Sunday, August 22, 2010

Coheed in Ohio = Perfection




Singing along with Coheed and Cambria albums is definitely one of my favorite things about being alive. Yeah that's pretty drastic, but it's true. It's up there with waking up, sunsets, being with Emily, talking to my Mom, listening to switchfoot, and hoping for a girl when I have children.. but not getting upset if it's a boy.
Gary and I are heading to Ohio on Friday to see Coheed. This sounds pretty normal to most people..heading to a different city to see a band that you enjoy. NO NO. Gary and I spent most of our high school years going to Ohio to see bands we were obsessed with at the time..cartel 2 times, copeland 4 times, the starting line, relient k 2 times, death cab for cutie 2 times, underoath, paramore, warped tour 2 times, Alive festival, and many more.
We would take my big red 12 passenger van. I pulled 10 of the seats out so that we could pull into Days INN in Richmond and stay the night on an air mattress blown up in the back of my van.
The one band we never travelled to see was one of our favorites.. Coheed and Cambria.
Coheed is how Gary became one of my best friends. I can't tell you how many times Gary and I drove around blaring Coheed, or how many times we researched the story behind the words. Coheed is everything I love about music. This band lets me explore a part of me I never knew I had all while being able to apply it to my everyday life. Coheed is real! Claudio is extremely genuine. They're so much more than just a rock band, Coheed is why I play music (with help from John Mayer), Coheed has been there with me through everything...small or massive within the past 7 years. Coheed is easily one of my favorite bands of all time.
This is kind of a sporadic post, but it does mean a lot...at least to me. Because I will finally get to attend a Coheed show and not just see them play at Warped Tour in Indy.

Columbus Ohio: See you again in 5 days for probably one of the best trips I'll take to see 'you'

No comments: