Monday, December 13, 2010

My top 10 for 2010?

I feel weird making top 10's anymore. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it's not really interesting, or maybe it's because I wanted to be heard. It leans more on the second thing.
This year..oh this is the year (I say this every year) these are MY favorites. It's not that the previous ones aren't good and weren't my favorites too, but I'm sure I've added a few over the years that I just added so that someone will have to think twice about me liking them and blah blah blah.
I'm sure there are tons of other reasons too. The thing is, I really do listen to way too much music: 50% hanging just under the radar...25% really popular...15% ridiculous.
This year I really didn't rant about the albums I bought as much as I usually do.

I don't really want to explain why these albums are my favorites for the year. The only thing I can say is that Rogue Wave and Joel Levi are my favorite pieces of music this year. Everything else is kind of just what I listened to a lot. Favorites, in a way I guess.



Rogue Wave -Permalight-


Joel Levi -Middle of Everywhere-


Anberlin -Light is the way dark is a place-


Eminem -Recovery-


States -Line em' up-


Coheed and Cambria -The year of the black rainbow-


Motion City Soundtrack -My dinosaur life-


Taylor Swift -Speak Now-


Band of Horses -Infinite Arms-


Zach Chance -Love before the rust-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Copeland is better than States! :)

Anonymous said...

States is sooo good though..
--

James Layne said...

I know who the first comment is. haha

...but for the second..states..yes..awesome!!!